Indian History GK questions and answers for preparing all Competitive Examinations.
1. The demise of Buddha is known as:
2. Which was the first dynasty that ruled Magadha?
Ans. Haryanka dynasty
3. Name the battle in which Alexander defeated Porus?
Ans. Battle of Hydaspes
4. Who was known as ‘Devanampiya Piyadasi’?
5. Which was the first inscription to mention the term ‘Bharatavarsha’ (The oldest name of India)?
Ans. Hathigumpha inscription of King Kharavela
6. Name the capital of the Indo-Greek ruler Menander?
Ans. Sakala (Sialkot)
7. Who founded the city of Ahmedabad?
Ans. Ahmed Shah
8. Who wrote the second part of ‘Rajatharangini’?
9. Who is called Robah-i-Deccan or the ‘Fox of the Deccan’?
Ans. Ali Barid
10. Name the Portuguese Viceroy who transferred the headquarters of the Portuguese Government in India from Cochin to Goa?
Ans. Nuno da Cunha
11. The year in which Akbar founded Ibadatkhana at Fatehpur Sikri?
12. Who is called ‘Maratha Machiavelli’?
13. Who was the first Baptist Missionary to arrive in India?
Ans. Dr. William Carey
14. Name the European power who possessed Serampore in Benngal?
Ans. The Danish
15. Who founded Gaudiya or Bangal Vaishnavism?
16. Who is popularly known as Rangila or Rangile?
Ans. Muhammed Shah (Mughal Ruler)
17. Name the founder of Niskam Karma Math?
ANs. D.K Karve
18. Who was the autor of the pamphlet ‘I am a socialist’?
19. Who moved the Pakistan resolution at the Lahore session of the Muslim League in 1940?
Ans. Fahzul Huq
20. Year in which Acharya Vinoba Bhave founded the Bhoodan Movement?
21. The word ‘Abkari’ belongs to the language of?
22. Who published the news paper ‘Al-Ameen’?
Ans. Muhammed Abdurahman Saheb
23. Who was known as the queen who loved the nation?
24. Fahien Cave is situated in:
Ans. Sri Lanka
25. Name the author of the drama, ‘Oedipus Rex’?