1. The largest state of India:
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
2. The city known as the Manchester of India?
3. The founder of Shantiniketan?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
4. The first president of Indian National Congress:
Answer: W.C. Banerjee
5. Who is known as the 'Missile man of India'?
Answer: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
6. Kerala State was formed in:
Answer: Nov. 1, 1956
7. “By gaining independence we have lost our power to blame the British. If anything goes wrong, we are responsible now.” These are the words of:
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
8. Ajanta and Ellora caves are in:
9. Classical dance form Kathkali comes from the state of:
10. The first woman who received Bharat Ratna:
Answer: Indira Gandhi
11. ‘Discovery of India’ written by?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
12. The state in India which is the largest producer of coffee:
13. The state which is the largest producer of tea in India:
14. The Leader who is known as the ‘Grand Old Man of India’?
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
15. In which year the Indian National Congress was formed?
16. The first Viceroy of British India:
Answer: Lord Canning
17. ‘Bombay Chronicle’ was started by:
Answer: Pheroz Shah Mehta
18. The first news paper in India ‘Bengal Gazette’ was started by:
Answer: James Hickey
19. Who was the governor general when the first railway line was established between Bombay and Thane?
20. Name the Governor General who is called the ‘Maker of Modern India’: