Current Affairs, General Knowledge Questions and Answers for preparing all Competitive Examinations.
1. Who is sworn in as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: P. Sathasivam.
2. Who is sworn in as the new prime minister of Australia?
Answer: Kevin Rudd
3. Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy received the United Nations Public Service Award for?
Answer: For his mass contact programme initiative.
4. Who is the new Railway Minister of India?
Answer: Mallikarjun Kharge
5. Who is elected as the new President of Iran?
Answer: Hassan Rouhani
6. Ravuri Bharadwaja who won Jnanpith 2012 is the writer of which language?
Answer: Telugu. He is the 3rd recipient from Andhra Pradesh to receive the highest literary award in India.
7. Who is the new President of Venezuela?
Answer: Nicolas Maduro. He succeeded Hugo Chavez who died on 5th March 2013.
8. Who won 67th Santosh Trophy National Football Tournament (2013)?
Answer: Services defeated Kerala to win the trophy.
9. Who is the author of the book 'Life of Pi'?
Answer: Yann Martel
10. Where is the venue of 5th BRICS Summit -2013?
Answer: Durban in South Africa.
11. Who is the winner of 44th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2012?
Answer: Pran Krishan Sikand
12. Which is the latest language added as the classical language?
13. Who heads the 14th Finance Commission?
Answer: Y V Reddy
14. Hopman Cup is associated with?
15. What is the Russian parliament called?
16. Name the metal used for making fake diamonds?
17. The country that shares longest border with India is?
18. Who won the Nobel Prize for Literature 2012?
Answer: Mo Yan
19. Name the boundary line that separates India and China?
Answer: McMohan Line
20. Who is the current CBI Director?
Answer: Ranjit Sinha
21. Who was the first foreigner to receive Bharat Ratna Award?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
22. Who wrote the book ‘The annihilation of caste’?
Answer: Dr. B.R Ambedkar
23. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre took place on?
Answer: 13th April 1919
24. ‘Project Arrow’ is related with:
Answer: Postal Service