Botany General Knowledge [GK] Questions and Answers
1. The first to use the word ‘Green Revolution’?
Answer: William Gaud
2. Tsomoriri is a glacial wet land in:
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
3. Cork is obtained from:
4. The native place of Guava?
5. The plant cell wall is made up of:
6. The tendency of plants to grow towards light is called?
7. The plant hormone that is useful for the formation of roots?
8. Which plant is called ‘the mother of herbs’?
Answer: Coleus aromaticus
9. The practice of calculating the age of trees by counting the annual rings is called:
10. The advisable distance for planting coconut trees?
Answer: 7.5 m x 7.5 m
11. The plant which emits ozone during photosynthesis?
12. What is called the ‘tree for thousand uses’?
Answer: Coconut tree