Current Affairs General Knowledge [GK] Questions and Answers January 2014.
1. Which rail tunnel connecting the European and Asian parts of Turkey has recently been opened?
Answer: Marmaray Tunnel. It is the deepest Undersea Immersed Tube Tunnel ever built.
2. Which Indian won the election to the United Nations Board of Auditors?
Answer: Sashi Kant Sharma, He is presently the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
3. Which Indian has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Pacific World 2013’?
Answer: Srishti Rana
4. Who is appointed as India’s next ambassador to Russia?
Answer: P.S Raghavan
5. Who became the third cricketer in the world to score a double century in one day internationals?
Answer: Rohit Sharma.
6. Who was selected for this year’s Ezhuthachan Puraskaram?
Answer: M.K Sanu
7. Who is the currently ranked No.1 batsman in One Day Internationals?
Answer: Virat Kohli
8. National Education Day was observed on:
Answer: November 11, It is the birthday of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Union Minister for Education.
9. India will host Men’s Hockey World Cup in:
10. Who won Miss Universe 2013 title?
Answer: Gabriela Isler (Venezuela)
11. The new sign language translator developed by Microsoft that converts signs into spoken and written language and vice versa?
12. The aircraft carrier which was commissioned into the Indian Navy after refurbishment and upgradation in Russia?
Answer: INS Vikramaditya
13. Who was sworn in as the new president of the Maldives?
Answer: Abdulla Yameen.
14. National Press Day was observed on:
Answer: November 16.
15. Which country is to host the next Commonwealth summit in 2015?
16. Who were named the World Athletes of the Year for 2013 by the International Athletic Foundation?
Answer: Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce (Both from Jamaica)
17. Who have recently been selected for Bharat Ratna, nation’s highest civilian honour?
Answer: Prof. CNR Rao and Sachin Tendulkar
18. Who won the FIDE World Chess Championship 2013?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen (Norway)
19. The naval variant of the surface to surface Prithvi missile, successfully test fired on November 23?
20. Which Indian became the joint fastest with Vivian Richards to reach 5000 One Day International runs?
Answer: Virat Kohli
21. Who is the new Chairman of the Law Commission of India?
Answer: Justice (Rtd.) Ajit Prakash Shah
22. Where was the first branch of the Bharatiya Mahila Bank inaugurated?
23. Universal Children’s Day was celebrated on:
Answer: November 20
24. …………… was named as the ‘Word of the Year 2013’ by the Oxford English Dictionary?
25. Who is the new chief of the Pakistan Army?
Answer: Gen. Raheel Sharif
26. Who won the Men’s Golf World Cup 2013?
Answer: Jason Day (Australia)
27. Where was India’s first synthetic rubber plant opened?
Answer: Panipat (Haryana)
28. Which city has been selected to host the World Trade Fair 2020 (Expo 2020)?
29. What is the name given to the World’s first noiseless and emission free helicopter, which had its first successful test flight in Germany?
30. Human Rights Day was observed on:
Answer: December 10